Cultural - Arts, Music, Maori
At Mosston we believe in developing the whole child and place importance on giving many and varied opportunities. To that end we have the following programmes in place:
- Kapa Haka - where children learn Te Reo phrases (reinforced daily in the classroom), waiata (songs), karakia (prayer) and haka.
- Choir - Choir is taken by one of our teachers and the choir perfome for the school and at outside engagements. The children who commit to choir may also participate in the Kids for Kids performances with Suzanne Prentice which comes to Wanganui bi-annually.
- Music lessons – Lessons are available (depending on demand) in ukulele and brass instruments. Music lessons are usually delivered inside normal class time.
- Speech – Every year the children write and deliver speeches. Those of a high quality compete in the West Cluster Speech Competitions at Faith Academy (judged by the Toastmasters).
- The Confucius Institute kindly provide Chines language tutors who deliver Chines language and culture lessons each week.